The World Through a Local's Eyes
A map by HomeExchangers all over the world
Dedicated to helping you make the most out of your vacation, The World Through a Local's Eyes is a collection of locals’ recommendations from all around the world.
Because we believe that travelling shouldn't just be about ticking to-see boxes off, it should be about meeting local cultures, discovering unknown places and travelling as a participating guest, not as a spectator.
And we believe that now, more than ever, is a time for us to rediscover the beauty of our own countries and the places around us.
The authors of these tips
- Marie, who has been living in Paris since she fell in love with the city when she did her erasmus here
- John, who was born and raised in Rome, Italy
- Megan, who moved to Australia 20 years ago when she married her Aussie husband Alex
- And many more!
In short, locals from all over the world!
What will you find in it?
- Places locals go to in their day-to-day life
- Lesser-known towns/villages that you should not miss
- Spots that you will not find in traditional guidebooks
How to use it
The map is best used with the Google Maps app.
You can find out more about how to use the map on the app or on desktop here.
Got a tip to share?
We can't wait to hear about it!