Many of you have the desire to travel locally this summer, whether you prefer an outdoorsy or laid-back vacation, the beach or the mountains, it is never too late to find the home exchange of your dreams! According to one of our studies, 70 to 80% of exchanges carried out during the summer were organized the month before or the same month! So why not try your luck at finding a last-minute exchange?Look for your next exchange!
Now is the perfect time to start researching for an exchange at the end of July or August.
More than 40% of longer exchanges (two weeks or longer) that took place in August were finalized in July. We are here to support you in your search, in particular through our Facebook groups.
Not tempted by a long exchange and just want to get away for a few days?
Don’t panic, short exchanges and weekends are popular with our members who enjoy last-minute exchanges. They account for almost 40% of exchanges in July and rise to almost 50% in August.
A quarter of these short exchanges organized in July and August were finalized less than a week before the start of the exchange! Don’t hesitate to chat with other members— communication is the secret to success in all of your exchanges.
Here’s one last piece of information given to us by Mélodie from the HomeExchange analysis team: right now, there are still more than 700,000 nights available at the homes of our members in France in July and August. So there are bound to be a few nights for you!
Here are some tips to help you find an exchange faster:
- Choose your dates and do a targeted search using the search filters.
- Take the time to personalize your message to the homes you like, even if you are planning a short exchange.
- If you are looking for a reciprocal exchange, try the reverse search to see who wants to stay at your home.
- Seek an exchange in less touristy areas than usual, and widen your search areas. This is often where you least expect to find wonderful things to discover, but always do!
- Don’t hesitate to contact our member support team if you need any help.