Verification: become a more trustworthy member!
What does it mean to be Verified?
If you are a new member or someone looking to increase their chances of finding a home exchange, you should consider becoming a Verified Member! This is one of our services that helps to boost trust within our community of home exchangers.
When a member chooses to be verified, our team will check the validity of their home address and personal identity, to reassure other members of the community that this person is who they claim to be.
Example: I want to organize an exchange with someone in a completely different country, but I am nervous to accept the exchange and buy the plane tickets because I fear that I am talking with a fraud. Contacting verified members helps assure me that I am talking with another member that has already been verified by the GuesttoGuest team and that this member has genuine intentions as a host.
Why become a Verified Member?
The service is perfect to increase your standing among our community of home exchangers. Being a verified member will also increase your chances of finding an exchange. Members will see that you are a real person, with an ID and home address, checked and approved by the GuesttoGuest team.
It’s not a coincidence that the majority of home exchanges, reciprocal and non-reciprocal, occur between Verified Members. Members will feel more comfortable contacting you to organize an exchange and they will also feel safe to accept you to stay at their home. It’s a win-win!
Benefits of becoming a verified member:
- You will have the green checkmark on your profile that acts as a badge of trust and proves to other members that you have been verified.
- You earn 100 GuestPoints.
- Your home will be at the top of the search results.
- You will have access to a filter that only allows you to be contacted by other Verified Members.
Example: I have a house in Rome, but there are a lot of members in Rome and my home is always displayed at the bottom of the search. I would like to have more visibility so that other members can find me and propose different exchange opportunities. I can verify my home to boost my standing in the search results and increase my chances of finding an exchange.
- Log in to your account and look for the GREEN banner or button that says Become a Verified Member! It may look a little something like this:
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the following documents:
- A photo identity card (ex. scan or picture of your Passport or Driver License)
- A proof of address (ex. a scan of an electricity, gas or internet bill that is not older than 6 months or a lease agreement)
Once our team receives your email we will cross-check the information on our website with your ID and proof of address.
Finally, we verify your profile with a ✅ and credit your account 100 GuestPoints.
The 100 GuestPoints are only awarded for the first home and will not be added for each additional home verified.
In some cases, we also like to organize a Skype call to finalize your verification. If you have any questions regarding this process, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Interesting Fact: At GuesttoGuest, 7 out of 10 exchanges are done by verified members!