Discover home exchange with stories from our members.
This story of a home exchange to Vancouver was shared with us by Lyly.
1. Where did you go on your home exchange?
I went to Vancouver, Canada!
2. How did you find your exchange?
I contacted them.
3. What was it that attracted you to this exchange opportunity?
The owner was very friendly and helpful. They spent time to take us to the metro and gave us free bus tickets during the time we were staying. They provided all information we might need for our trip.
4. Tell us about your arrival:
The host actually stayed in the house with us. They provide brochures and gave us a ride around their area. They also gave us homemade beer. They were a very nice couple.
5. What did you see or do during your exchange?
The Vancouver old downtown city, Chinatown, Vancouver University, and Sea World. We even took a special trip to Victoria Island to see the Butchart Garden.
6. What is the favorite memory from your exchange?
The Vancouver area is so beautiful and the kindness of the host was incredible. That will be unforgettable.
7. How would you describe home exchange to your family and friends?
HomeExchange is the best program to travel with. I can save money and I can go around the world without a single worry. That makes it the absolute best way to travel.