Discover home exchange with stories from our members.
This story of a home exchange adventure to New Zealand was shared with us by Paul.
1. Where did you go on your home exchange?
2. How did you find your exchange?
I contacted them!
3. What was it that attracted you to this exchange opportunity?
We hadn’t been to New Zealand before!
4. What did you see or do during your exchange?
New Zealand... land of green hills, hot streams and bubbling mud, friendly people and lots to do.
Café L’Arté was a special find with great coffee and cakes, gorgeous Gaudi-style gardens and delightfully different made-on-site garden pottery.
Hobbiton was an unexpected highlight - definitely for adults too, not just kids.
Bushwalking was a pleasant morning’s exercise through old-growth forest, and to waterfalls, hot springs and snow-topped mountain views.
My brave hero made a bungy jump - and smiled all the way down. And up. And down!
5. What is the favorite memory from your exchange?
New Zealand chocolate and licorice!
Seriously? Blue skies and sunshine, clean air, friendly people.
6. How would you describe home exchange to your family and friends?
Awesome! It has greatly expanded our travel options.