Discover home exchange stories from our members.
This one is from Pavla Noskova one of our members who visited Paris with HomeExchange.
1. Where did you go on home exchange?
We went to Paris, France.
2. How did you choose your destination and home exchange?
We have wanted to take our children to Paris for quite a long time so when we had the chance to buy cheaper air tickets, the decision was done very fast. We did not want to use the city transport very much so we were looking for houses in the center.
3. What was the conversation like with your host?
Well, in the beginning, he took quite a long time to respond but later we talked through WhatsApp and everything was faster.
4. Your arrival: How was the house? Did you meet your host? Did they give you any gifts or tips for visiting the area?
We arrived very late so I was a little nervous whether everything goes all right, but we found the house and apartment with no problems. We found many brochures about Paris which helped us quite a lot.
5. How did exchange your home influence your vacation, compared to a traditional vacation rental?
I was very happy with the exchange because the apartment was very close to main sights so we could walk everywhere or we could come back for an evening rest before leaving for a night walk.
6. Tell us what you saw during your trip.
We saw all the beautiful monuments – Eiffel tower, Louvre, Notre Dame…..