Discover home exchange with stories from our members.
This story of a home exchange to Scotland was shared with us by an anonymous member.
1. Where did you go on your home exchange?
We went to Scotland in the U.K!
2. How did you find your exchange?
They contacted us and we accepted.
3. What was it that attracted you to this exchange opportunity?
It was very smooth and we felt very well prepared to visit, Scotland. The WhatsApp is very helpful to communicate.
4. Tell us about your arrival:
The house was eclectic. Very nice inside and well provisioned. The property was amazing with the gardens and chickens and quiet location. Very relaxing.
5. What did you see or do during your exchange?
Inverness, Loch Ness, several local castles, went to the British Open in St Andrews, scotch distilleries, local coastlines.
6. What is the favorite memory from your exchange?
Sheep in the road miles from nowhere. The British Open at the home of golf. And discovering chicken farming!
7. How would you describe home exchange to your family and friends?
It gave us a home base that felt like home. With a traditional rental, the experience seems more formal. The exchange is more personal and you certainly feel a stronger connection with the place you visit as a result.