Discover home exchange with stories from our members.
This story of a home exchange adventure to Paris was shared with us by Jason.
1. Where did you go on your home exchange?
We went to the city of Paris to spend the Christmas holidays.
2. How did you find your exchange?
I contacted them for the exchange.
3. What was it that attracted you to this exchange opportunity?
The beautiful apartment with 3 rooms in the center of Paris that was perfect for our family with three kids.
4. Tell us about your arrival:
We went to a friend's house in the neighborhood to pick up the keys. The family sent us an email a few days in advance with nice restaurants in the area. A document with additional information was available at the apartment.
5. What did you see or do during your exchange?
We visited Paris, went to some museums and exhibitions and we really enjoyed the Christmas holiday mood. We also did some shopping.
6. What is the favorite memory from your exchange?
We went to a Thai restaurant in front of the house recommended by our hosts that was very nice. We really enjoyed visiting Victor Hugo's house in Place des Vosges.
7. How would you describe home exchange to your family and friends?
It is a great option to travel to new places and enjoy the experience as a local by living in a real home. The host families are always very friendly and make sure that your stay will be as perfect as possible.