Discover home exchange with stories from our members
From Carmen, one of our American Members who has done 15 exchanges with HomeExchange!
1. Where did you go on home exchange?
2. How did you choose your destination and home exchange?
We chose the destination because it was an easy distance from home for a short getaway. Also, we are familiar with the area.
3. What was the conversation like with your host?
Conversing with Paul was very easy and productive. We had a good conversation.
4. Your arrival: How was the house? Did you meet your host? Did they give you any gifts or tips for visiting the area?
Our host had given us good directions so we arrived without trouble. The house is just as we expected. We met Paul upon arrival and he introduced us to his cute dogs. He also showed us all around. We had a good long chat with him.
5. How did exchanging your home influence your vacation, compared to a traditional vacation rental?
This exchange, in particular, influenced our feeling that home exchange is much more personal, friendly and enriching. It is truly a cultural exchange. A cultural experience. We spent hours visiting with Paul, our host. He has a lot to tell about his interesting life, travelling the world in the flight industry. We also enjoyed learning about the area and his interesting antique collection.
6. Tell us what you saw during your trip.
We enjoyed the views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains from his house. I especially enjoyed waking up to the gorgeous mountain view at sunrise from the big bedroom window. The bed is comfortable and has a great view.
We visited the closeby town of Salida. We enjoyed walking the Riverwalk along the Arkansas River and seeing ducks. After strolling around downtown we went for a nice soak in the Salida Hot Springs and had a good dinner
Bonus Question: What is the best memory from your trip?
On the drive home, we enjoyed seeing herds of elk and bison with beautiful mountain views.