HomeExchange.com™ - Listing #347307 - Barcelona, downtown, gorgeous 2 br apartment with terrace. Excellent location.
Translate this listing into:
|Show All||Our Home||Our Neighborhood||Other Information||Our Dates||Our Destinations||About Us||Languages Spoken|
Listing ID # 347307
Interested in my Listing?
|People in our Party:||2|
|Nearest Major Airport:|
|Barcelona, Spain - Aeroport de Barcelona (BCN)|
Not a Member?
|Children in our Party:||No|
The 85 sq meter / 915 sq feet apartment features several Catalan design classics from the 60's and 70's, such as the Cadaques sofa by Alfonso Mila. The Cesta lamp, made of cherry wood curved around an opal crystal ball, is by Miguel Mila. He also designed the floor lamp, one of Spain's most celebrated design pieces.
The entirely glass rear wall looks out onto a private inner courtyard of 40 sq metres (430 sq ft), which basically becomes an extra room. With the remote controlled white canvas canopy you can adjust the sunlight to your wishes.
The open kitchen next to the dining area is fully equipped with top-end appliances. Next to the kitchen is a separate laundry room.
Two bedrooms, two bathrooms
Both bedrooms look out onto the courtyard. One of the bedrooms is separated from the living room by a sliding wall. The beds are covered with high quality linens and come with a selection of firm and soft pillows. Both have en-suite bathrooms with luxury showers and big, soft towels.
Close to Placa Catalunya
The apartment is located just steps away from both the Eixample district with its Gaudi architecture and the cool boutiques that are tucked away in the narrow, ancient streets of the Gothic quarter.
What you can expect:
- a spacious livingroom with a sunroom and access to a private terrace
- a bedroom with either a high quality kingsize bed or 2 single beds, Swiss made and an en-suite bathroom, access to the terrace
- another bedroom with a a queensize bed and an en-suite bathroom, access to the terrace
- a private terrace with a lounge area and a dining table
- a dining area next to the open kitchen
- a fully equipped open kitchen with high quality appliances i.e. a fridge, a dishwasher, microwave/oven, induction cooktop, a toaster, a coffeemaker, a juice machine, a blender, etc.
- the apartment is stocked with herbs, spices, oil, vinegar, coffee, tea, toilet paper, shower gel, etc.
- a laundry room with a washing machine, a dryer and an iron and board
- 2 bathrooms with each a shower, a toilet, and a washbasin
- linen, fluffy towels and a hair dryer
- soft(goose down) and firm(anti allergen) pillows
- a 32" screen satellite TV, a CD/DVD player + a collection of DVD's and CD's
- airconditioning and heating system
- WIFI / ADSL internet connection (bring your own computer)
- a phone line from which you can make local calls and receive calls worldwide
- a wall anchored safe to guard your valuables
- the building has a doorman during office hours
- the apartment is on the 1st floor, the building has an elevator
Staying in this apartment means getting the best of both worlds. Just a few steps north, you're in the classy Eixample district. Venture south and instantly you're surrounded by history in the Gothic quarter, or Barri Gòtic.
The apartment is in a historic art deco building close to the University of Barcelona. It was designed by architect Elies Rogent (1821 - 1897) in a style based on Romanica Catalan. Just 200 meters away is Plaça Catalunya, the central square of the city.
Just a minute's walk north from the apartment is the Passeig de Gracia, the central avenue of the Eixample district. Fitting with the grandeur of the buildings and the majestic fountain in the middle, this street hosts some of the most exclusive shops in the city. And as you stroll from designer shop to department store, you happen upon some of the city's worldwide celebrities: the Gaudí buildings, two of which (La Pedrera and Casa Battlo) are in fact a world heritage site. Eixample also offers some of the finest restaurants and bars of the city. We would be happy to give you some inside tips during your stay.
A stroll south of the apartment brings you to the Barri Gòtic, the oldest part of the city, famous among others for its many cathedrals. The area, which dates back to medieval times, oozes character and charm. In the narrow, winding streets you come across many boutiques and trendy bars. Central to the area is Las Ramblas, the connected series of streets famous for its street artists and flower stalls and if you walk down La Rambla, you pass la Boqueria, by far the city's best indoor food market. Definitely worth a visit.
Another district close by is el Raval, an up and coming area where you will find not only the MACBA museum for contemporary art but also many galleries and boutiques. And, just to get you in the mood: if you walk from your apartment to the MACBA museum you come across Plaça Vicenç Martorell, a square with some great bars for breakfast and lunch.
Close to the apartment, you will find:
- Plaça Catalunya Barcelona's central square with warehouses such as El Corte Inles, FNAC, Habitat, etc.
- Plaça Universitat, with the old university designed by architect Elies Rogent.
- The Universitat Gardens, a quiet haven in the heart of the city. Sundays the entrance is on c/Diputación.
- Las Ramblas, Barcelona's most famous avenue
- La Boqueria, a spectacular indoor food market on las Ramblas
- the Modernist theatre and concert hall Palau de la Musica and the Liceu opera house
- the picturesque Plaça del Pi in the heart of Barri Gotic, with a frequent farmers' market
- shopping avenue Passeig de Gracia, which features several of Gaudi’'s most famous works of architecture
- the Cathedral
- the subway stops Catalunya and Universitat
|Smoking Prohibited||Pets Prohibited|
|Auto Exchange is not offered|
First two weeks of September for 4-5 days.Open to any dates
Apartment in Manhattan or Brooklyn. It has to be nice and in a good location, preferably Nolita, Soho, East and West Village, Chelsea, Tribeca.
Catalan, English, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Español