HomeExchange.com™ - Listing #164873 - *Exchange arranged for 2013* Large house on a quiet country lane at Athenry, County Galway, in the West of Ireland
Translate this listing into:
|Show All||Our Home||Our Neighborhood||Other Information||Our Dates||Our Destinations||About Us||Languages Spoken|
Listing ID # 164873
Interested in my Listing?
|People in our Party:||3|
|Nearest Large City:|
|Nearest Major Airport:|
|Shannon or Dublin|
Not a Member?
|Children in our Party:||Yes|
The house is set in wood and farmland, with pleasant views of the surrounding countryside.
Our house is warm and contains a bright and airy kitchen-dining room which has sunlight from early in the morning until late afternoon. The sun then floods the two reception rooms with warm evening sunlight. One reception room has a wooden floor, leather sofas, wood burner and a TV. The other room has a more antique feel with a carpet, fireplace, comfortable seating, sound system, chess board and (European) board games. We have four large bedrooms (2 with king size beds and adjoining bathrooms). There is a family bathroom upstairs and a WC downstairs.
We also have a WiFi connection, garden furniture, BBQ, fruit trees and vegetable patch - please help yourself!
Just one mile away lies the quaint village of Kiltullagh with a post office, shop, church and tiny thatched pub. We regularly walk our dogs in Kiltullagh Castle & Woods and at Esker monastery.
Within a few miles are:
* Historic town of Athenry (www.athenry.net), with hotels, restaurants and both modern and traditional Irish pubs
* Golf club - www.athenrygolfclub.net/
* Riding stables - http://www.raheenwoodshotel.ie/equestrian.asp
* Woodland walks
* Two train stations accessing Dublin, Limerick and Galway - www.irishrail.ie
* Beautiful monastery
* Petting farm - http://www.turoepetfarm.com/.
Within a 30 minute - 1 hour drive are:
* Galway City - a medieval city with pedestrianized cobblestone streets, many festivals, traditional Irish music, theatres, cinemas, swimming pools, seaside beaches, horse racing, greyhound racing, fishing, boat hire, river, lake and atlantic ocean - http://www.galwaytourism.ie/
* The Burren and Cliffs of Moher - http://www.burrennationalpark.ie/
* Connemara mountains - http://www.connemara.ie/en/
Shannon - 1 hour drive
Ireland West (Knock) - 1 1/2 hour drive
Dublin - 2 hour drive
We are non-smokers. We have exchanged to twice France and once to Virginina, USA and all have been very successful trips.
|Smoking Prohibited||Plant care needed|
|Auto Exchange is preferred||Auto Exchange is negotiable|
We are flexible with dates for up to two week periods.
We have arranged our exchanges for 2013, but are open to offers for 2014 and to any European destination, but in particular the South of France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy and Portugal.
We are married almost 5 years, in our early 30's and welcomed a baby girl, Aoife (ee-fa), in April 2011. Michelle works in the university in Galway. Eoin (Owen) is a software developer, also working in Galway. We travel by train each day to Galway city centre, from where Michelle takes a 15 minute walk through beautiful Galway to the university and Eoin cycles 10 minutes to his job situated along the river Corrib.
We have two energetic dogs, a Springer Spaniel named Cocoa, and a yellow Labrador named Sandy. Sandy and Cocoa go to their grandparents house for their holidays.
We like gardening, kayaking, walking and cycling. Two sea kayaks are available for experienced kayakers and two bikes for the unexperienced.